Monday, August 27, 2012

Ruched Slouch Beanie






















Don't you just love the word: ruche ?
In knitting ruche means to gather.

Using two sets of needles of different sizes
work the k2, p2 border and several rows of
purl 1 row and knit 1 row with size 6 needles.

Knit f&b, doubling the number of stitches
with the larger sized needles (8).
Knit 6 rows.
Knit two tog. all the way around with the
smaller sized needle (6).

Magic! You have these lovely puffy
gathers. Find the pattern on
Rewind Knits + Crochet.

I am using Cascade wool #220
in this delicate shade of blue...
such a lovely contrast to my
geraniums since they have decided
to flourish in these last days of
August.


1 comments:

Diane said...

Pat, yes I have never heard anyone else but me say that. Yes, I love that word: ruche. I like how it rolls on the tongue but kind of drags its feet (in a nice way) toward the end. You're special.