Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Mitten






















Christmas mitten is unfinished... needs a thumb.
This little mitten is a hybrid: a cross between the Morehouse Farm pattern:
 Buggy Mitt and their new pattern named Beehive. The lovely merino
in the previous post held its promise and wound into a soft ball and snug mitten.

I used size 5 double pointed needles but reduced the number of stitches to
make a narrower mitten... alas, my gauge was 5 to the inch instead of 6
to the inch requiring mathematical juggling. And I decreased the number
of purl rows to make equal sized ridges.

Although the pattern is deemed Beehive. I think my mitten looks a little
like an igloo or a cartoon character.

It is much lovelier on a hand. The tissue paper stuffing is lumpy
but don't mention it to the fussy Sassy One.







1 comments:

Diane said...

smiling from Canada :~)