Saturday, October 20, 2012

Christmas Memory



















Christmas Memory by Truman Capote is the book of the moment.
It is my Florida book club selection so it is time to reread it, a
perennial favorite.


The following Capote quote captured my attention:
"It is always the same: a morning in November, and my friend,
as though officially inaugurating the Christmas time of year..."

Substitute a morning in October and the Sassy One, officially
inaugurates Christmas when the holiday knitting is finished
and ready for the shiny shopping bags tagged with the tiny
gold gift cards.

I know, I know I hate how the season has be highjacked
until it almost starts in summer.

But truth to tell I am  circumventing the United States Post 
Office. The cost of mailing mittens from Florida to
Connecticut is phenomenal. So, the Sassy Nana
is sending this year's knitwear home with daughter
# 3 to be hidden until Christmas.