Friday, April 27, 2018

A Flame Red Geranium













I read this quote today: In my own worst season I've come 
back from the colorless world of despair by forcing myself 
to look hard, for a long time, at a single glorious thing: a 
flame red geranium...until I learned to be in love with my 
life again.
*Barbara Kingslover

Geraniums always speak memory of my mother. She would
tell the story that her mother would take her four young
children on Sundays after mass to put geraniums on their
father's grave.

My geranium is a survivor. It blooms and blooms.
It was not deterred by winter drafts or lack of sun.
It is definitely a glorious thing.

1 comments:

DianeSchuller.com said...

You have a special touch for your geranium. I've never been able to get them to survive over winter. My mother too always grew geraniums. A lovely memory.

I adore the deep rich red of yours.