Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dear John... Dear Blog

Dear John letters were
an euphemism for breaking
up your romance and moving
on.

It was the dreaded missive
for soldiers during World
War 11.

It was even immortalized
in song.

So, I am sending a letter
to my blog.

No, it is not a Dear John letter
just a note to ask for patience.

I mean to post.
Really I do.

But I knit ten rows
and jump up to surf the net,
make the next call,
mail the next card.

Alas, I am sucked into
the holiday madness.

I am reluctant to whine and complain.

So, let us move on.

Between rows,
Jim and I went to
a marvelous nursery
and bought a Minneola orange tree.
Well, a small tree...
Minneola oranges are sweet, juicy.

An aside: I was born in Mineola, NY.
You have Mineola with one N and
Minneola with two N's.

Now we are on to tree planting.
Call that Florida Christmas.

And I finished a sock.
With luck and perseverance
I will take its picture.

Picture taking is a new venture.
It elicits memories of being
seven and having a Brownie
camera.

I am in my Zen phase...
beginner mind

Delighted.

Dear John,
I mean Dear Blog,

Let's make up...
get into the holiday
spirit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sassy Pat:
Who was it who said, "If you can knit, you can blog."
Oh, yeah, that was me.
I'd like to teach the world to Google
And then eHarmony
I'd like to buy the world a Mac
and then upgrade PCs
That's the song I sing...
Merry Christmas
Knitty McBritches