Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beads Beads Beads





















Obsession. Sassy's current passion/obsession...
beads. The pattern: Jeweled Cowl  prompted
the need to know all about beads.

Sassy is set on knitting with beads. But knitting patterns
assume that the knitter is bead savvy. Not so.
The link below proved to answer all the essential
questions.

jewelrybeadsandfindings

Use # 6,8,11 beads for knitting.
*The larger the number the smaller the bead. Whoa!
Seed bead is a generic term.
Pony beads will be the designation for sizes 5 and 6.

100 beads in a package of size 6 pony beads:
Use size 6 or 8 for fingering/light weight yarns.

275 beads in a package of size 8 beads (2.5 to 3mm).

Beads are also sold by the ounce and the gram.

Youtube: has great videos.
It is possible to crochet on the beads one at a time
as needed or to string the needed number of beads
on your yarn before casting on and then bring
each bead forward as needed and knit it on.



2 comments:

Carol Urban said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Urban said...

I deleted my comment because I couldn't edit it. Sorry.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I finally uploaded better photos (close ups) of the beaded scarf I made for my mom.

Photos up on my blog.