Monday, December 24, 2012

Peace on Earth... Good Will Toward All Men





















Today I want to post a photo of my Madonna.
She speaks to my spirituality.  She is composed of:
 a weaving cone, a length of muslin slit to create a robe,
a styrofoam ball for her head, florist wire for arms,
and scraps of lace for her mantilla. Stiffened with
wall paper paste and massaged with loving hands she
dried for a fortnight . Ultimately she was sprayed
with gold paint.

Three was the magic number. One Madonna for
each house and the last one was a wedding present
for the youngest daughter.

Aging has bent her head and you will notice that
her robe has oxidized over the years.

Aging has bent my head at times, the qualities
of peace and love and joy have sometimes
oxidized for me.

But today I send her into the world
as my gift. May you find joy and peace
this Christmas.





1 comments:

Diane said...

what a beautiful post.