Monday, September 17, 2012

Wilderness


John Muir









Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people 
are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; 
that wilderness is a necessity...
-John Muir

When I was a child we would travel from Long Island
to the Adirondack mountains. I would tell my playmates
that I was going to the mountains.

Husband and I watched a documentary the other night
that opined that the Japanese travel hundreds of miles
to their mountains, build temples to honor them, and
worship there.

So, we are traveling to the high peaks in northern
New York only a short distance from Canada.

I am once again going home to the mountains.
I will worship there.

1 comments:

Diane said...

safe travel back home and I know the mountains will be welcoming you