Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Nana Made It
























Last post I was lamenting that the days of being the Nana
to babies was in the past. So, today I want to acknowledge that
having adult grandchildren is equally fine.

Last fall as the weather grew colder and Sean was hurrying
off to run track he lacked a hat. His mother said, "I have
a knitted hat that Nana made in my top drawer. All the other
winter wear is packed away."

At school Sean donned the hat. The assistant coach teased,
"You must be a man of great confidence to wear such a
colorful hat."

Sean replied, "My Nana made it."

His fellow runners added to the joshing. And the best
looking girl in the group came over to admire the hat.

And Sean once again repeated, "My Nana made it."

His mother upon hearing the hat story asked if
Sean would like Nana to make him a different hat,
perhaps, one that was less colorful.

He replied. "No! It is my signature piece."

The story always makes me smile.




0 comments: